Monday, March 22, 2010

NIPTO, Day 43


You should listen to this song. It's pretty amazing. We sang it on Friday night... and it was the first time I'd ever heard it. I love it... and you should listen to it :)

There's a thunderstorm going on right now (God's roaring like a lion). I love it. I used to hate thunderstorms with a passion, but now I love love love them. I also have a whole week of new NIPTO material in front of me. It makes me happy. So I'm pretty much in a great place right now. More opportunities to spend time with God+Thunderstorm=Happy Abby. =D
Also, today starts week SEVEN of NIPTO. I mean... I know we have 46 weeks left... but yeah. It's exciting. I'm really doing this. Awesome.

Acts 11:15-17- As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." 17So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?" I like those last few words. Who was I to think that I could oppose God. Really. If these people were doing the same thing you were doing in the name of the same person, you can't do anything about it because, well, God kinda told them to do this. I mean... the Holy Spirit came upon them too... so yeah. I wouldn't want to oppose God!

Proverbs 22:2-Rich and poor have this in common: The Lord is the Maker of them all. This verse is proof that you can't say "I have absolutely nothing in common with this person" because you do. God made both of you. And that is something to bond and rejoice over. 

Revelation 21:4-He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. How cool is that? No more pain or crying... to be honest, I kind of cry a lot. It doesn't really take much to set me off. You hit something that's close to my heart, I cry. Sometimes I don't cry for a long time, and then it all comes bursting out at some random time. Usually when something upsets me. Even just a little bit. But when we're in heaven, no. more. crying. Just worshiping God in his holiness.

Starting today, every day, for the rest of the NIPTO year (kind of like a fiscal year but different!) those of us who are in NIPTO are going to be reading about who we are in Christ. It's pretty amazing actually. If you want to read what we're reading, you can just click on this link and it'll take you to the post :)

It's time for me to go to sleep to the sound of the rumbling thunder and the pitter pat of raindrops on the roof... and Jim Dale's voice reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to me... =P (Yes. I listen to Harry Potter every single night as I fall asleep. I fall asleep fastest that way!)

Goodnight!

No comments: