Thursday, March 18, 2010

NIPTO, Day 39

Today is another day. It's supposed to be another beautiful day. And I'm excited. I'm alive and somewhat healthy (... I say somewhat because I'm still getting over being sick from last week!) But I'm here. God put me here. And I this morning I'm taking the time to ask him what he wants from me today.

Acts 8:35-Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus. Philip shared the gospel with him. The word "gospel" simply means "good news." I also really like how it says "with that very passage of Scripture." Almost anywhere in the Bible is a starting point for sharing the gospel. There might be a couple of exceptions... like the book of Numbers... but that's just a small portion of the bible =P


Proverbs 18:24-A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. This is not saying that you shouldn't have lots of friends. It's just saying that in having lots of friends... and I think he's talking about close friends, there are a lot more chances to fall into traps of sin and whatnot. But there is always that friend... that friend that's always there for you no matter what. I love my friend like that. And I tell her that regularly :)


Revelation 18:20-Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she has treated you. This is talking about the destruction of the city of Babylon. Babylon did not treat Christians well. And God judged that city because of it.


Hebrews 11:2-This (faith) is what the ancients were commended for. Why? Because they didn't have Jesus. They had God who spoke to them through signs and visions, and in Moses's case through a burning bush, but also on Mount Sinai God came down and spoke to Moses directly. The common people of the day had to listen to the prophets and believe what they said. That seems like it would be difficult to believe what these guys were saying. But they were commended for being faithful and believing in what the couldn't see.

I'm looking out the window and it looks like it is most definitely going to be another gorgeous day!
I can't believe it, but the Generation Akron: Call to Prayer is tomorrow! It seems like it kind of snuck (sneaked?... but snuck would be the past-perfect... Oh I give up) up on me. It should be a good time. If you live in or around Akron, you should definitely check it out! We'll be at the Warehouse Forum (that's a map link) from 7-10 (Possibly later... you never know how these things will work out! =P)!
Hope you have a good day! I know I'm looking forward to mine :)

No comments: