Sunday, March 14, 2010

NIPTO, Day 35

Today: Church, lunch, homework, NIPTO meeting... kind of(because basically no one was there... YEAH MEGHAN for showing up! haha), Youth Group, home.... this. I have a feeling that this week is going to be craazy. Monday: school/CHUCK(favorite tv show!), Tuesday: School and Urban Vision (volunteering), Wednesday: School, piano lesson, dance, Thursday: School. Friday: School. But I shouldn't think about that. But it is Sunday night... It'll have to wait until I'm done with NIPTO. Okay. Here goes.

Oh by the way... I didn't do this this afternoon. I'm doing it at 10 pm. AHHHHHHG this is ending tomorrow.

Acts 7:36-He led them out of Egypt and did wonders and miraculous signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and in the desert for forty years. I'm not completely sure if this is true, but I believe that Moses was 80 years old when he led the people out of Egypt. By the time we're 80, we're "done" with life. We're not ready to lead thousands and thousands of people out of oppression. Crazy. Another crazy thing was that Moses was not a "great speaker." So God used his brother Aaron to speak for him, and he accomplished great things through these two men. Amazing.


Proverbs 14:13-Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief. I'm not sure if this is exactly what this verse is talking about, but this is how I'm taking it. You can laugh. You can be "joyful." But on the inside you can be aching and grieving. So so so many times we put up fronts. Those need to come down. Being fake isn't going to get you anywhere. You can only grow when you're being genuine and real. And so I'm trying to be genuine and real. If you feel like I'm being fake, let me know. I don't want to come across as fake. I want to be real. Genuine. Me.


Revelation 14:12-This calls for patient endurance on the part of the Saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus. Ahg... patience. I'm not good at being patient... heh. If there's something I'm really looking forward to, I want it to happen. But we need to be patient and be enduring to show that we can obey God's commands and be faithful to Jesus.


Hebrews 11:3-By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what is visible. aka God created the world out of nothing, but we believe it because we have faith. WOOT. Buuuut... sometimes we doubt. But we shouldn't doubt because (James 1:6) He who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. Hm. Waves don't have much control over themselves... because... well... they're blown and tossed by the wind. Sooo try not to be a wave. Be... a rock? I think that's a better example... maybe a boulder would be an even better example =P

By the way, happy Pi day! At youth group we had peanut-butter(nutterbutter!) pie to celebrate... kind of =P It was unintentional, but it worked out great! :D

*yawn* Okay. Time for bed.
Goodnight!

No comments: