Friday, March 26, 2010

NIPTO, Day 47

Oh my goodness. There is snow on the ground. Spring break starts after school ends today... and there is SNOW on the ground. WOW. Wanna see some pictures? Okay! Here are a couple that I took this morning so I could document the craziness of snow on spring break. I would also like to add that my best friend is leaving for Florida today to go to Disney World... She's pretty excited to leave! hm.... I wonder why?
  Remember... today is March 26th.
There are buds on the trees.

See how wrong that is?!?! But I guess I live in Ohio and can't expect much else. (note: I did NOT leave my house to take these. I think I would be ridiculous if I did... and I'm not being sarcastic. I stayed in my house.

In other news: My sister is coming home today for spring break!!! She's going to be home for an entire week. And that's exciting... because she's going to Germany this summer for 11 or 12 weeks. So it's exciting to see her... it should be a super fun week!

Acts 12:24-But the word of God continued to increase and spread. Despite persecution. Persecution almost makes it spread faster. But it can also slow things down majorly. I mean... some people aren't into the whole "getting into something that could get you killed" thing. But some people, once they've heard/seen the truth, there's no way you could make them turn back. 

Proverbs 26:1-Like snow in summer [or spring] or rain in harvest, honor is not fitting for a fool. I thought this was particularly relevant to today... Snow in summer... or spring... It's just not right. So it's just as wrong for a fool to be honorable... I mean... A fool is a fool... and it's just not normal for a fool to have honor. Like having snow on March 26th... (but hey, it's Ohio. We'll live. We're used to 'extreme' conditions =P) 

Revelation 21:5-He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." I think "I am making everything new" is fantastic because it doesn't matter how broken and damaged something is, God will make it new. And it's true. It says so in the latter half of the verse. "These words are trustworthy and true." That's what it says. You can trust in them. They're not some big lie. They're true. 

So I'm reading Hebrews 11, right? And I'm on my computer blogging... so I decided to google "Faith quotes." I found this website and there are some good quotes, some cheesy ones, but here are two that I found that I liked. They're not exactly about faith, but they're good reminders.

Frequently remind yourself that God is with you, that He will
     never fail you, that you can count upon him.  Say these words,
     "God is with me, helping me."
   
                                                                    - Norman Vincent Peale
      



Worry is a total waste of time.  It doesn't change anything.
      All it does is taint your mind and steals your joy.
You can't have joy without peace, and there is no peace
      without God.



I hope you have a good day and that you enjoy the weather wherever you are, snow or no snow!


No comments: