Wednesday, March 17, 2010

NIPTO, Day 38

I went on a walk with a friend this morning. It was fun. We got to see the sun. It was nice. Here are some pictures:

It was a pretty morning. A little cold, but it'll get warmer :) I'm excited for morning walks this summer. It should be a good time... especially once it gets warmer.

Ermm. I'm kind of freaking out... I'm supposed to do this dance at the Generation Akron prayer meeting on Friday night, and it's not finished yet. So that's getting some major time tomorrow. I want to finish it tomorrow so I'm not working on it the day of the performance, ya know? Not exactly a good thing. Sooooo I'm going to get school done quickly. And I'm going to get that dance finished. I don't have that much left... but I just need to get 'er done. So. Tomorrow: Wake up, NIPTO, School, more school, dancing, thenn going BOWLING with my good friends Katie and Paige :) It should be a good time. 

Now: NIPTO. 

In Acts 10 it talks about a man named Cornelius. This man makes me think of a certain song called, you guessed it, Cornelius. It's by the Newsboys. They were a great band before Peter Furler left... *sigh* Oh. Well. Here is a link to the song on YouTube. It's a good song... sorry that it's a corny music video that some people made for a school project... it's the best I could find =P Acts 10:34-35-Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. Yay. I want to be like God and accept everyone for who they are. But that's hard. I feel like everything I post, I want to do, but it's hard. Man... Maybe God's showing me that I need to attempt to do what I'm being shown even if it means that I fail sometimes because it's too hard... hmm... Interesting thought... 

(Proverb of the day... HEY! It's St. Patrick's day. You should really head over to Wikipedia and see what it has to say about St. Patrick! It's actually pretty cool :) and I even linked it up for you! So you have no choice but to go read it. Even if it's just the opening paragraph!) Proverbs 17:5-He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished. I'm going to ignore the second half of this verse. The first half reminds me of a blog post I read today about a fantastic man by the name of Barry Rodriguez who I believe works for World Next Door. For four days and nights Barry is going to "be homeless" in New York City. I would encourage you to go read this post. It's fantastic. It will give you a new perspective. I love it. So go read it and let me know what you think! I'm going to be keeping up to date with what he's posting and will probably post links on here too :)

Revelation 17:14-They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is the Lord of lords and the King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers. These "they" people in this passage are kings who are going to make war against God. But it's sooo cool because the Lamb, Jesus, is going to overcome them because he is who he is. And with him are going to be his faithful, devoted, called, chosen followers. We are God's chosen followers. How amazing is that? I know I'm going to be there. Are you?

Hebrews 11:10-For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
This is talking about how Abraham didn't mind living in tents or whatnot because he was looking forward to the "city with foundations." We live in a temporary place. Earth is temporary. It isn't going to last forever. Why set your sights here when you can set them on the permanent things of Heaven? The song "Turn Your Eyes" has a great lyric that goes like this: 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace

Isn't that awesome? I think so.

I'm going to SLEEP now. Because, once again, it's late. Oops. 
Press On!

No comments: