Tuesday, March 9, 2010

NIPTO, Day 30!

Today I have come to the realization that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed as they say. I got my cereal bowl out, along with some cereal and some milk. I got out a cup for juice and the juice. I poured myself some cereal. I poured myself some juice. Put the juice and milk in the fridge, and came back to my seat. I never poured myself milk. *facepalm* As a result, I laughed. Which leads nicely into my next topic.

Today, when I laugh, I sound like a seal barking, then there are some high pitched squeaking noises that only dogs can hear (Okay. That's maybe a little bit of an exaggeration... but it's pretty close.) And when I talk, I sound like I've been smoking for 20 years. It doesn't matter that I'm only 15 (and 11 months! almost =P) I still sound like I've been smoking for a lot longer. Which leads to this: I'm getting sick. I hate to actually admit that I'm getting sick, but it makes me take better care of myself. Aka I get more sleep and drink more fluids =P

Acts 2:46-47- Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. I finished The Heavenly Man yesterday and this verse reminds me of that book. If you've never read The Heavenly Man, I'd highly recommend that you read it. It's an amazing book. But these verses just remind me of how God added to the Chinese church's numbers. It was fantastic to read.


Proverbs 9:10- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. I think this verse is the "core verse" for the co-op that Hannah and I take classes at (Seeing as it's called Beginning of Wisdom... BoW for short) But when you fear the Lord, your knowledge will increase. How cool is that?

Revelation 9:5- They
[the locusts] were not given power to kill them [humans], but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. I'm glad I'm not going to be on earth when this is happening. Let's just say that.


As my dad likes to say, "Hebrews is a favorite book of coffee drinkers." I thought that was funny and I would share it with you. My dad tends to be funny... good or bad, it depends, but he's funny alright. (Funny looking right now because of "Mustache March" ew. haha No one should ever grow a mustache unless they know they look good with one.)
Hebrews 11:6-And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Ah the powers of faith. It takes faith to believe in things you can't see. But if you do believe that God exists and that he will reward those who seek him, you will be rewarded. Awesome.

It's another gorgeous, sunny day! I have to do school, but I know I'll be enjoying the sunshine from inside.
Hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy the sun as much as I am!

No comments: