Saturday, March 13, 2010

NIPTO, Day 34

Wow. Today has been another whirlwind of a day. I slept in: Amazing. I went to the mall: and re-discovered how gross consumerism is. I also discovered that the economy must not be doing too badly since we couldn't find a place to park... and once we got inside, it was packed... and people were buying stuff. We need to teach America how to entertain themselves on a rainy day! While we were at the mall, my mom and I saw a fine example of irony: Extremely (extremely!!) conservative Mennonite girls wearing their home-made dresses and headcoverings... a couple of them wearing tennis-shoes. BUT one of the ones wearing tennis-shoes was wearing Abercrombie. Really? Abercrombie? I don't wear Abercrombie. And another one was wearing Uggs. Uhmmm... can someone please explain this to me?!?! I was very confused. hahah

After we (my mom and I) got home from the mall, I worked on my Pride&Prejudice paper... then we ate dinner... thennnnnn (drum roll please...) we went to SEE Pride and Prejudice on the stage at Weathervane Playhouse in Akron! It was SO much fun!! The characters were awesome and the acting was pretty good for high school/college students! So that was fun. But now it's late... and I have to do NIPTO still... but it's all good. Even though this time tomorrow it will be TWELVE (12!) thirty (30) instead of ELEVEN (11) thirty (30)... Oh well. I'll live.

Acts 6:1-In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the  Grecian Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. What I noticed about this, and to be honest, Pastor Mike talked about this in a sermon I do believe, was the division of the "Grecian" Jews and the "Hebraic" Jews.  I think we kind of do this today but don't realize it. There are so many denominations of churches who are all aiming for the same thing, but we can't work together. (That wasn't exactly a grammatically correct sentence, but I don't feel like finding the error. I acknowledged it. Deal with it.)  Churches need to work together. We can't do things on our own. The church isn't a building. It's a group of people. So why are there so many "churches"?? Why can't we all be one big happy church? Because someone (man) had to come along and put rules on the church so now there's division. Lovely.


Proverbs 13:15- Good understanding wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard (or does not endure) Being understanding is hard. I'm learning that. It's hard when you've never experienced something to accept it from someone else, ya know? I'm a very "set in my ways" type of person, and it's hard for me to understand why someone else is not set in my ways. So I'm trying to be faithful so the way is a little easier :)


Revelation 13:4-Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?" I've got an answer to that last question. God can. What now beast? haha. We as people are easily persuaded to follow anyone/thing that has authority/can give authority. Kinda scary seeing as that's what happened here. But God is on our side. And that's sweet.


Hebrews 11:5-By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. Enoch's story is incredible. God liked Enoch so much that he took him away to be with him all the time. (I hope all those him's and he's aren't too confusing!) But anyways. Enoch was extremely faithful. That's why he was taken from this life so that he wouldn't have to die. Because he was faithful. Oh that I might have faith like Enoch.


OH dear. It's late. Not even TODAY late... it's Tomorrow late... aka it's past midnight and I need to SLEEP. Tomorrow I am GOING to post in the afternoon. I'm going to come home from church, get my homework done, do NIPTO, then I'm going to go to NIPTO maybe... then youth group. And that is how it's going to work ladies and gentlemen.

Goodnight!

No comments: