Friday, March 5, 2010

NIPTO, Day 26

*YAWN*
Good morning. I woke up too early this morning. But what can you do? That's right. You can try to go back to sleep. Which I did. But the sleeping part didn't actually happen. Oh well. Hopefully I'll actually be able to SLEEP IN tomorrow morning, seeing as it's Saturday and all. Woah. Today's FRIDAY. That means 2 days of no school! So exciting. haha. It's also the FIRST Friday of the month, which means that there's a Chipotle service tonight! SWEET. Love Chipotle services. Even if I am going to get Panera... haha.

John 16:33- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! For I have overcome the world. This is one of my favorite verses. It's highlighted in my Bible. Which means that it's special. I don't highlight much, but I do underline things in pencil a lot =P This verse is super amazing. The Bible is here so that we can have peace. Philippians 4:8 is another great verse about peace. This verse is amazing in a different way because Jesus tells us that we will have trouble. There's no way getting around that. But we're to "take heart" or to be confident and courageous because Jesus and God have overcome the world. Nothing else is going to "overcome" the world. Satan will try to overcome the world, but it just won't work because he has no power over God. Sweet.

Proverbs 5:21-For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths. That's scary. God knows every singles stinking thing I do. Significant or insignificant. God sees it. God also examines our paths. He inspects them and scrutinizes them. And he leads us on the paths that he chooses. Ultimately, we can't choose our own paths. We can choose our paths for a while, but that gets messy. So it's really better to listen to what God has to say about where we should go in life... speaking of places we're going in life, I've been praying about whether I should go to New York this summer with the group that's going from GVUMC. I really WANT to go, but I'm not sure if it's what God wants for me, ya know? So if you would pray that I would keep praying and that God and I would figure this out, that'd be AWESOME. I'd really appreciate it. :) (That wasn't a long section or anything...)

Revelation 5:12-In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and honor and glory and praise!" Jesus is MORE than worthy to receive our praise. In fact, we're unworthy to even give it to him. But we do anyway(s?? I'm never sure whether to put an "s" or not at the end of that word... I usually do when I'm talking... but back to the point.) How crazy is that?! I feel honored that I can even give the Holy Lamb that was slain praise. It's amazing.

Psalm 119:105- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Oooo.... this could be good if I can word it right. So I'm trying to decide whether to go to NYC right? Annd we should follow God's paths for us... so we should read the word because it lights up our path! God can speak to us through the word. YES! I'm liking this more and more. =D

This was a great morning for me. And I'm looking forward to seeing people tonight and talking about the Bible more... 6PM Chipotle on Arlington Ridge. Should be sweet!
I'm out. Press on!

No comments: