Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NIPTO, Day 44

I've decided that when you're half-asleep, you can come up with some pretty strange excuses... for example, this morning, my alarm went off and I kind of woke up and felt awake. I reasoned with myself that I should definitely hit snooze and go back to sleep because I felt way too awake... Oh dear. Then the hitting the snooze button about 3 more times ensued... then I finally gave in and woke up. I'm thinking about going to bed early tonight... Weird. =P

Acts 12:9-Peter followed [the angel] out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision. This chapter tells the story of Peter's escape from prison. It's crazy. But it really happened. It reminds me of a story from The Heavenly Man. A story about Brother Yun, who wrote the book. He was in a high-security prison. He was crippled and couldn't walk. He had to be carried by other prisoners when he had to be interrogated. One day one of his fellow brothers in Christ who was in prison with him, told him that he should escape. I don't remember everything, but I do know that Yun got up and walked out of the prison. Mind you, he hadn't been able to walk for... months? But he was healed and walked out through several sets of doors that are normally locked. He walked through the courtyard that had security guards in it, out the front gates, and into a taxi. Insane.


Proverbs 23:12-Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge. It doesn't say to apply your mind to instruction. It says to apply your heart. I think that as a student, I apply my mind to instruction, but I don't apply my heart. In my heart I don't want to do the work. I think this is going to be my verse of the day. :)


Revelation 21:7-He who overcome will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. When we put our trust in God, we are added to the family. And when we're added to the family, we receive our portion of the inheritance of God. It's sweet.


Who I am in Christ: I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9). A chosen generation. My generation is going down hill. But God has chosen us. Those of us who are His will be lights. BRIGHT lights. And that is crazy awesome. 




It's time for me to do schooooool now... but I'm starting my day thinking about Proverbs 23:12 and who I am in Christ. That makes things good. Really good.


No comments: