Monday, March 15, 2010

NIPTO, Day 36

Good morning!
Yes. It's morning. I'm up. I'm blogging. Life's good.

Last night after I finished my post and went upstairs to get ready for bed, I was thinking. (A dangerous pastime... I know!) I was thinking about this week that's coming up. I think it's going to be a hard week. And I was mentally complaining about it, and then I decided: I need a challenge. What's life without the ups and downs? Boring. Soooo... I've decided that I'm just going to face this week head on with God by my side, and we'll see what comes of it!

Acts 8:30-31- Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. 31"How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. This is significant, I think, because back then, they had to have someone explain the word to them because many of them didn't have the Holy Spirit to reveal God's word to us. We are privileged to have the Holy Spirit inside of us. 

Proverbs 15:1-A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. I can't help but notice that one harsh word stirs up anger. It's hard to go through life and not say harsh things. Sometimes they need to be said (in the kindest way possible, at the right time. If you say something that is harsh but honest at the wrong time, the person is going to get angry.) But when someone confronts you about something, it's important to not answer in a roughly defensive way. I know when someone confronts me about something, the first thing I think about is defending myself. It's important to take a step back and see from their perspective what's going on. 

Revelation 15:3-They had harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the lamb: Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways King of the ages. Revelation reminds me that we will ultimately be in heaven worshiping God constantly. I wonder if, whenever I think a certain thought that I think a lot, I could remember to praise God in that moment... I'm going to try this. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Hebrews 11:8-By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. Abraham obeyed God without knowing what was going on. In America today, we like to know what's going on. I know that I freak out when I don't know what's going on. My mom freaks out when she doesn't know what's going on. So to trust God without knowing what's going on, is crazy. It takes faith. The end.

Hope you're having a good day! 

No comments: